Thursday, August 23, 2012

"Dos Por Dos #2"


A pile of 2x2 wood. I took this photo at the back of a pick-up. June 15, 2012.

He cuts down cedars, or he chooses a cypress tree or an oak and lets it grow strong among the trees of the forest. He plants a cedar and the rain nourishes it. Then it becomes fuel for a man. He takes a part of it and warms himself; he kindles a fire and bakes bread. Also he makes a god and worships it; he makes it an idol and falls down before it. Half of it he burns in the fire. Over the half he eats meat; he roasts it and is satisfied. Also he warms himself and says, “Aha, I am warm, I have seen the fire!” And the rest of it he makes into a god, his idol, and falls down to it and worships it. He prays to it and says, “Deliver me, for you are my god!” - Isaiah 44: 14 - 17

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion